Last night I participated in GroupLink at our church, Calvary North, and was asked a question in a group discussion..."Who is your Hero and Why?" My first thought and the heaviness on my heart, made me know exactly what I would say once it was my turn...but I didn't want to cry-I wanted to speak loudly and clearly and let everyone get a glimpse of my Hero.....but I did cry some :( Sorry for anyone that couldn't understand me through my mumbling!! My hero is and always will be Marcus Allen Stanley. Marcus was my high school sweetheart, my first true love...and I truly thought we would grow old together. Our life together was by no means perfect or fairy tale...but it was real-and I know now, looking back, it was exactly what God planned to mold me into the woman I am today. Marcus was my mentor, my role model....my inspiration. He taught me, not only how to be a strong, confident, independent woman, but he taught me how to be the woman God created me to be...the way God has laid it out in the bible....the truth. Not really easy to comprehend when you are young and dumb and you have never really been taught how to be a wife and mother the way the bible says...or if you were taught, you disagreed and thought, "that doesn't apply to me now, that was the old days"..seems to be the ideas that many of our younger generation have adapted.....but the bible doesn't lie....God's word never changes.....ok, back to my hero...In Feb. 2008, Marcus had just received confirmation that he had Malignant Melanoma.....all from a mole he had since birth.....and it still overwhelms me that we had no idea...we just didn't think that 2 short years later, Marcus would be gone....he certainly didn't think it would happen, and I was totally in denial and wouldn't accept the possibility....but, Marcus knew, that God was in control of his destiny, and he knew that he could fight with everything on earth, but if God's plan was for him to come home sooner than he imagined...well, that's just what would happen....He loved us and had the surgeries, endured the treatments, to prove to us he was trying...but in the end, he knew....and he was willing to take it all, in hopes that his little girls, me, his mom and dad, brothers, nieces/nephews, and no one else had to suffer that way...he had that great love described in John 15:13...in the end, My Hero, has Overcome it all.....and he is my testimony......please watch/listen to video below.....but you may need to pause the music player at the bottom of my blog page first ;) thanks for reading, sharing, experiencing my life with me....I know God has awesome plans for me....He shows pieces to me everyday....and I can't wait to see what is next!!
my name is Mindy Stanley Anderson and i began this blog to share updates of my life-as the wife of a melanoma warrior. my husband Marcus lost his battle April 1, 2010. i will continue to blog here in his honor, in hopes that i can help other families during their time of struggle. all glory goes to God-we would not be where we are without his help-with him we can do ANYTHING!
OUR FAMILY
LEARN THE ABCDEF'S OF MELANOMA!!! EARLY DETECTION IS THE KEY!
- ASYMMETRY: Does half of the mole look different from the other half?
- BORDER: Is the border of the mole irregular or ill defined?
- COLOR: Is the color uneven or has it changed over time?
- DIAMETER: Is the mole larger than a pencil eraser?
- ELEVATION: Has the surface of the mole changed? If it was smooth and flat before, is it now elevated ?
- FEELING: Has the sensation around the mole changed? Does it itch? Is it painful?
- PLEASE DO A SKIN EXAM EVERY MONTH AND WATCH FOR THESE SIGNS.
Learn more about Melanoma and share the knowledge with others
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sweet Mindy, your life is of great testimony for me, thank you for posting to remind us about God's plan for us through your testimony.
and I would like to add that We need to constantly remind our souls whose purpose is our life, and our biggest reward is spending eternity with our Saviour :).
<3 Love and prayers always.
Post a Comment